Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Resident Zoologist
262 Posts
You are a brave guy to be handling those pokies. As far as having 'too many', I am sure that you know just how many Ts many of us have....I myself am at 40, and don't come close to ranking amongst some of the keepers of larger collections.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love having Tarantulas and scorpions! Most people freak out when they find out a woman would willingly own them :D. My current collection is at around 250 but I only put up pics of the new ones. Plus I have several egg sacks ready to break open.

·
Resident Zoologist
262 Posts
I love having Tarantulas and scorpions! Most people freak out when they find out a woman would willingly own them :D.
Well, most of 'mine' are actually my fiancee's. ;)

My current collection is at around 250 but I only put up pics of the new ones. Plus I have several egg sacks ready to break open.
Nice, I assume that includes slings? Any really uncommon species? Keeping any true spiders as well?

Incidentally, I see you favour the Horde...;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow, lots of beauties in there....but i still may have scary dreams tonight. LOL

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Most of the ones you are holding are at least semi arboreal I am surprised you can ours were FAR too fast

·
Resident Zoologist
262 Posts
Most of the ones you are holding are at least semi arboreal I am surprised you can ours were FAR too fast
All of the ones being held are fully arboreal....I am surprised at anyone who has the balls to handle a pokie.

·
Resident Zoologist
262 Posts
I guess I live dangerously LOL
You do...I know 2 people that have had lingering symptoms up to 5 years after a pokie bite....I have been been by hundreds of species of animals over the years, including 15 or so species of tarantula, and pokies are one I hope to not experience.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Is it Arboreal because they are more likely to bite? Or just the more aggressive/hungry species.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts