Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My gecko, only about three months old, is constipated. I think it is because I fed him some crickets that were too big. He has not pooped or eaten in over two weeks and I'm worried he will die soon.

I have tried giving him warm baths and rubbing his tummy, but that doesn't help. The sides of his lower stomach (around intestines area) is really hard too.

The only local vet around costs $50 just to have a check up, not to mention the cost of any medication. I really can't afford that price.

What can I do?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I'm not sure much about geckos but do they eat greens at all? if so, for iguanas at least canned pumpkin really helps with that issue... someone will be able to answer better soon i'm sure. but you could look around online to see if any one gives geckos pumpkin

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
I would consider holding a yard sale or some other function to try and raise money to get your poor gecko to the vet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What substrate do you keep him on? Gecko's along with other reptiles can eat the substrate which may be indigestible and it can clog their intestines, I've seen a photo of an impacted gecko colon, it looked unpleasant. Beg or borrow, just get that fella to the vet!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I hate to say it, but if you can't afford to get your gecko to a vet and your parents can't help, you may want to consider giving him to someone who can get him the help he needs.

Either way, good luck and keep us updated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts