Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an Ecotrition Snack Shack in my Chinchillas cage, and she LOVES it. I have seen mixed things about these shacks pop up all over the net. Some sites say they are COMPLETELY safe, other say not so much. The people at the pet store assured me that she will be fine. It's hard to decide what advice is actually GOOD advice. I have taken the shack out of her cage (she is NOT impressed with me, neither is my hubby, he loves watching her play around in it.) I am hoping that feedback from here will help me make a decision.

Thanks in advance :)
Brianna

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
If I remember correctly, those are held together using honey or something, right? I think the worry is that they'll ingest too much sugar. If she's just playing in it I don't see a problem but you don't want her eating it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the 2 main ingriedients are alfalfa and honey. She LOVES sleeping in it, she does chew it though. So I took it out of her cage and bought a new plain ol wood house. Thing is she won't sleep inside the new one, she sleeps on top of it, beside it, behind it....but not in it. Ah well, at least this one won't hurt her. lol.
Thanks for the help. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts