Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)

I have been thinking about getting my first dog, I know that I want to get a small dog, affectionate, that donst need too much excersize, and isnt too hyperactive

I also have a 7 year old so a dog that is ok with kids

I have done some research and I think a Japanese chin could be the right dog for us,

Does anyone own a Japanese chin who could maybe give me some advice or let me know if they might be suitable for us?

Thankyou so much for any opinions :D

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
sorry i dont know much about chins...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just heard about Japanese Chin here, I Google it and they seemed to be very sweet dog. They look like papillion with pug face...

·
Registered
217 Posts
A Boxer or a Turkish Kangal or a Bernese will be more suitable for you I think. Especially good with children. If you dont want a very big dog take a Boxer puppy. Good luck.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about Japanese chins...they are not too common here.I dug up some info for you though.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/japanese_chin/index.cfm
http://www.japanesechinonline.org/

I suggest trying to find a chin rescue.
If you can't find one,then make sure you find a REPUTABLE breeder of them.A reputable breeder health checks/tests their dogs and guarantees the dogs.They also let you visit their kennels/home to see their dogs/puppies.

Stay away from "breeders" who don't health test,won't let you see their dogs in person or where they keep the dogs,don't answer any questions you have...etc,etc!

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
A Boxer or a Turkish Kangal or a Bernese will be more suitable for you I think. Especially good with children. If you dont want a very big dog take a Boxer puppy. Good luck.

The poster specifically said she wanted a small dog. I am sorry it this comes off a little snippish but the dogs you are always talking about are not the best dogs for everyone, its nice that you like them that much but again not everyone can handle and care for a giant dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts