Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw, he is cute... I was expecting a version of cat mumbles that sounded human like husky dogs who say "i love you"... lol He's a fantastic looking kitty!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orenji is Japanese for Orange. However, we call him Renji for short. Since I'm Irish, it's very common to have an "O" or an "A" before you last name "O'Brian" "A'hern" so I combined all the heritage together in one name =D

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
very interesting!! Congrats! Where do you live? Newfoundland has quite an Irish connection ( hundreds of thousands of settling immigrants around the beginning of the 19th cent)

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Yep!! Many were actually involved in the 17th ans 18th century Migratory fishery in Newfoundland (the only reason Brits came to British North America, they totally resented the idea of settlers) and from my understanding, The Irish and many English migratory men went over to Newfoundland on the seasonal fishing vessels (illegally stored) and ran from their duties. Most got their wages and took off, totally deserted the migratory fishery until Governor Palliser implemented new policies to the 1699 Treaty of Utrecht. These new policies included policies dealing with payment and settling.. Once the men crossed the border to America they were basically safe, especially after the American Revolution with Britain.
The deserters who decided to stay called it New England :) The Irish escaped poverty and famine and bullying by Britain. Anyways, enough of my rambling.. I could on for ever!!! lol

I hijacked the thread on your kitty, oops!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
BEAUTIFUL Cat. Have you also checked out this Japanese cat Maru since Renji is a Japanese as well? haha Go check him out on youtube since I can't post links yet! :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Very lovely and talented cat, congratulations!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts