Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff picked one of these up at a pet store last year. It was misplaced for awhile and we found it a couple months ago when we were moving. It has become the dogs' favorite toy the last couple of months and has with stood ALOT of chewing and playing (except for the squeaker which, thankfully, was broken within 2 minutes :rofl: ). I give it 2 thumbs up for dogs who are strong chewers. I just ordered 3 more so there's no arguing over who gets to play with it. :lol:

You can see it here:
http://www.dog.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=101415+SM+GOO&Cat=

One word of caution: The "feet" can be chewed off so supervise your dog when they're just laying around chewing on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,706 Posts
Isis has one, and she's unfortunately never broken the squeaker. :tearhair: It's quite possibly the most annoying squeaker I've ever heard, so we wind up only letting her play with it outside most of the time! She's had it forever though, and loves it. (And also rapidly chewed the feet off, according to Megan!)
 

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
Are those really that durable? I always see them but I've bought so many "indestructible" toys before and my dachshund always destroys them within minutes. Even Kong toys.
 

·
Aspires to Change Oil
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
cute, now lets see some pictures of the pups playin'!
 

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sasami said:
Are those really that durable?
My girls have been playing with it and chewing on it non-stop the last couple of months and the one foot just started showing signs of wear. The girls are pretty tough chewers and this is the longest a toy has lasted around here....except for the Kongs which are showing no signs of wear and tear yet. :)

Steph, I think I got lucky to get the one with the defective squeaker. :lol:
 

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
Scarlette said:
My girls have been playing with it and chewing on it non-stop the last couple of months and the one foot just started showing signs of wear. The girls are pretty tough chewers and this is the longest a toy has lasted around here....except for the Kongs which are showing no signs of wear and tear yet. :)

Steph, I think I got lucky to get the one with the defective squeaker. :lol:
Hmm. Maybe I'll try it out :).
 

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sasami, did your dogs destroy the large Kong? The kind you can stuff the inside full of goodies? Or are you talking about the ball? Mirra will destroy her Kong ball if we let her lay around and chew on it but she hasn't done any damage to the King Kong (not sure if that's what they really call it, but that's what we call it :) )
 

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
Scarlette said:
Sasami, did your dogs destroy the large Kong? The kind you can stuff the inside full of goodies? Or are you talking about the ball? Mirra will destroy her Kong ball if we let her lay around and chew on it but she hasn't done any damage to the King Kong (not sure if that's what they really call it, but that's what we call it :) )
The large standard Kong is the only toy besides boring tennis balls and nylabones that he can't destroy :lol:. But we had gotten other Kongs like the bone and goodie ship and he easily can chew them apart :rolleyes:.

The thing is, the only Kong he can't kill doesn't interest him unless there's a treat in there...and he gets them out within a minute or two :rolleyes:.
 

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get the large size Kong, stuff it with peanut butter making sure that you push it all the way to the narrower part. Smaller dogs usually have smaller tongues and have a hard time getting the peanut butter from the far end of the Kong.

Mirra could clean out the peanut butter in a matter of minutes in the smaller Kong but she works really hard to get all of the peanut butter out of the large Kong.

I'm surprised tennis balls last a long time with your dogs if they can destroy a Kong bone. Tennis balls last less than a minute with Mirra.

Try that CUZ toy and see if they like it....just remember to keep a close eye on them in case they are able to chew off the feet.
 

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
Scarlette said:
Get the large size Kong, stuff it with peanut butter making sure that you push it all the way to the narrower part. Smaller dogs usually have smaller tongues and have a hard time getting the peanut butter from the far end of the Kong.

Mirra could clean out the peanut butter in a matter of minutes in the smaller Kong but she works really hard to get all of the peanut butter out of the large Kong.

I'm surprised tennis balls last a long time with your dogs if they can destroy a Kong bone. Tennis balls last less than a minute with Mirra.

Try that CUZ toy and see if they like it....just remember to keep a close eye on them in case they are able to chew off the feet.
I've done the peanut butter thing but it still doesn't keep him busy that long, haha. He's a little monster. Maybe I should get an even bigger Kong...

The only reason the tennis balls lasted is because he doesn't like them :lol:. We had flavored ones that he destroyed.
 

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We FINALLY got the toys. Be warned, if you order from dog.com it takes awhile to receive your order. :rolleyes:

All 3 dogs are enjoying the toys.....Mirra is enjoying her toy WAY too much. Unfortunately all of the squeakers are working, but if Jeff has his way they will all be "broken" by tomorrow. :lol: The squeakers aren't bothering me at all. :shrug: They're not high pitched like most toys unless they're squeezed really hard. I got the largest size for them so they have a harder time squeezing it. :D
 

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Frankie - the destructo dachshund- has one of those cuz balls. Actaully he has 3 small one large and an orange kitty by cuz. he promptly chewed the feet of his first one so the ones that followed I cut the feet off of. I purchased more than one b/c "Ball" as "he" is called is his absolutely favorite toy. I say it's his best friend! he almost ALWAYS has "Ball" with him. He places "Ball" in his food dish daily. Well actually he places "him" in Belle's food dish and then does not allow Belle to go near "Ball" or her food. The funniest part is that he has 3 of the small ball. But he has his favorite of the 3. The only time he goes to the back up balls is when "Ball" gets down the basement steps and I don't notice. Sometimes that is how I realize that "Ball" is down the basement. I notice him playing with one of the others. Oddly the ones he does not play with are dirtier looking than the one he does. Maybe that is b/c "Ball" gets bathed whenever frank throws "him" into the pond.

I highly recommend them. Oh and thankfully the squeakers do not last too long.
 

·
Poo dont scare me!!!
Joined
·
3,758 Posts
We have one too...luckily our dogs cant seem to chew off the feet..but I have noticed that they try their hardest! :) The squeaker drives Josh nuts, but it doesnt bug me too much unless the baby is sleeping...haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
What do they feel like? a Kong or a racket ball or a Molecule ball? My doggies can chew thru racket balls tennis balls like there is no business... I have never seen these at any of the pet supply stores by my house..

Sasami: Try putting peanut-butter in the Kong with food & other treats and then freeze it overnight.. it will take them a lot longer to get the peanut-butter out :)
 

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They feel like a Kong but a little more rubbery.

All of the squeakers were taken out by Jeff last night. He just couldn't take it anymore. :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
yeah Troy has one and loves it!!! i strongly recomend them to anyone whos got a heavy chewer. :D
 

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
I forgot to update...a few weeks ago I got one for Rocky :). And it survived!! He ripped the feet and horns off pretty easily but the toy is still intact. He loves it :D. I'll probably get him another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Well, my German Shepherd (a HORRIBLE chewer) got one of those for his birthday. Yep, its very durable, although the feet are in bad shape. I would only suggest letting the dog play with it when you are not watching TV or are on the phone. My GSD (Regal) squeeks it constantly, and let me tell you, its a LOUD squeek. But he loves it.

As far as chewing, that devil of a dog chewed up 3 remote controls and my digital camera in the last year. Lets just say everything in my home is under lock and key.

Why do I love him so much again?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top