Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came out on my porch today to see a nice dead rat with flies all over it. Does anyone else experience this on a regular basis? It is starting to gross me out that the same animal handling these rats is taking naps in my bed.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
haha sounds like my neighbors cat sits on my patio table eating mice or left over mice then leaves the body or pieces for me to clean up , so disturbing to open my curtains and see that.

·
It's all for them
603 Posts
In addition, since people put out poison for rodents, any cat let outside who hunts is at risk for being poisoned from eating a poisoned rodent. Death by rat poison is a horrible horrible death. They bleed to death. From the inside.

Cats are hunters by nature. Cats are also instinctual family providers, so will bring you their kill to share, as you have happily discovered. It's a high honor, being provided for by your cat. :)

·
Friend to All Animals
128 Posts
Cats are hunters by nature. Cats are also instinctual family providers, so will bring you their kill to share, as you have happily discovered. It's a high honor, being provided for by your cat. :)
i completely agree with you... this is a natural thing and it is helping to lower to ever-growing wild rodent population... it isn't that bad of a problem... just don't think about it

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
It's not really natural in areas where cats are not native predators. Cats are in introduced species, and although people may appreciate it when they kill rodents, they actually are quite damaging to native wildlife populations.

Also, like was already mentioned, if cats happen to catch and eat rodents who have consumed rodent poison than the cat can become poisoned as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.