Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..I have a Deer mouse that needs a good home..
He or she is healthy and I've had for about 8 months..
Living in large cage but alone..Not a good way to live so I hope to find someone who can add to their group and maybe give a better life. I had one before I hand raised from very early and was friendly..
Someone found this one a bit too late for that and is afraid of humans..Hope someone has advice on a home and I will deliver almost anywhere for free...Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hi Mark,

Oh, I hope you can find her a good home with someone who can incorporate her into their current furry kid group! I have two full grown male rats, one not neutered, and of course, not a good fit for a wee female deer mouse, (and I live in Seattle) but I hope enough people can see your post who might have a good situation for her.

Mark, you rock, for thinking of her happiness and not wanting her to live alone. That is SO very cool of you. Have you also tried the Rat Shack site and their forum? Lots of very cool small animal/rodent folks who are involved in rescue.

I would also post there. They seem to have more folks on their forum lately. Pets on Parade is another friendly animal lover site.

Please let us know how it goes?

Vlad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and thanks to all..
I will continue to try and find a home..
My cage is very large and can be devided.
I may try to use screen devided and possibly get a gerbil or..
another mouse as companion...
Any ideas? Thanks. Mark.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hi again Mark,

It would be wonderful for your deer mouse to have a companion, of course! As for other mice or gerbils, I have no knowledge of how or IF a deer mouse can live with different species or how that might work.

Lilspaz, the other person who posted to you, might know more about deer mice so I hope she can advise you.

Gerbils are wonderful, and my husband and I have had gerbils before, and we just adore them, but they are very social and always need to be adopted at least in pairs, as they have the same need for fellow companionship as rats. So a lone gerbil by itself, even with a neighboring/separated divider screen next to another small animal like a mouse or deer mouse, would still be lonely.

I am not sure about mice and DEER mice living together, but maybe? That would be great if it works, so your girl could have company. Any advice on this, Shelagh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.