Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i walked in to find one of my degus acting weird. I immediately knew something was wrong so i put him in a separate cage with some bedding and food and water but he would eat or drink he just stayed still. I looked in my degu book for the symptons and matched all the symptons to TRAUMA! the causes said being stepped on or dropped but i know for a fact i didnt do either of those. The other was being bitten and i DO know that the other degu was known to bite the other to show her dominence. I kept him in the other cage all night. He couldnt sit or walk properly and he was inactive and wouldnt eat. The next morning i woke up to find that she had died. I'm very very sad and scared that my other degu will become depressed and maybe even die soon after. I'm considering getting another degu to keep her company but i dont know if its too soon or if my degu is too old for a new companion. Shes five. If you have any idea, what the cause could have been pleaasse tell me! i hate not knowing why this happened! And if you think its a good or bad idea to get another degu ( a baby) thanks ):

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss :(. That actually sounds like more of an illness to me, did you talk to a vet?

I would try to get another degu if possible. Babies are usually easy to introduce. Search the forum and you should find plenty of info :).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, ill search for some illnesses that degus can get i was just going by my book, but then again i couldnt find any bites. I do think im going to adopt a baby i already found some for free.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
sorry for ur lost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts