Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two brother degu's, both a year old. Herb is a more slender Degu with a long tail, very active. Frankie is a tiny bit bigger around, short lil tail and alot more affectionate. Very perople orientated degus. I have own Degus previous, but none with more meaning than these two. They are my babies, Im worried tho I just noticed today when i gave them their occational treat, Frankie is MISSING his two front teeth, and one bottom. Therefore he has one bottom tooth :'( He couldnt take the treat from my hand, or even eat/hold a very light shredded slice of apple. I couldnt think of anything else soft to give him today. I am oblivious how he did that. They have a big 3 storey wooden cage, very safe. Very spoiled degus, Many wood toys, large wood house, 2 different sized wheels. water dish, and two seperated food dishes,etc. Im really worried, what should i feed my degu, with only one tooth. everything they have is "hard" food, pellets, seeds, etc... Im scared, and would do anything for my Degus. I live in a small town, one vet, and they dont care for small animals. 4 hours aways from the closest city. Please help

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Could you at least call a vet to see what they say? No one on here can legally give you medical advice for your degu.

For now, I would give him Critical Care (a product by Oxbow, many pet stores and websites carry it) using a syringe. You may end up having to give that and a pellet/vegetable mash for a while.

I also wouldn't give him apples again, those are way too sugary. Fruits in general are bad for degus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts