Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was wondering if there is a particular kind of vet they need to see or if any kind of reputable vet would do? I noticed today that one of my Degu has a big sore on his back foot. at first I thought maybe had something stuck to it but looking more at it I noticed it has hurt his foot. it looks like a scabby wart! he doesn't seem to be bothered any by it though. I got them into a bigger cage with a floor and he likes to jump down instead of using the ramp so I'm wondering if maybe he hurt it doing that. The ramps and everything are plastic so don't think that could be the culprit behind the foot. So far no chewing on that but their house is about gone already. I am still a new owner had them for about 2 weeks now. One just isn't socialable at all. Just hides in the house and will only let me pet him occasionally. They have also pushed all the litter into one section of the cage in a big pile so they cover their food bowl all the time with litter. Any ideas if this is something a vet needs to look at? if so what kind of vet would be best to look at them? Don't really think there's a lot they can really do when the foot doesn't seem to be bother him any. This one is very social and likes to play. Also they don't really seem to like their wheel. Guess they didn't grow up with one. Thank you

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
A degu-experienced vet is always ideal but for something like a sore, any small animal vet would probably be alright. It might be a good idea to get it checked out just in case.

Oh, and they may start using the wheel as they settle in :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts