Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 2 new degus but i was informed 1 might be pregnant. After how many days will she start to get fat. And is there any changes in her temprement? Any other information would be great! Thankyou

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
They don't "look" pregnant until right before giving birth (maybe a week or two before, I don't remember). She may begin nesting but there aren't any dramatic changes in temperament besides that (I'm sure there are some subtle behavioral changes but since you just got her they would probably go un-noticed).

Honestly, though, I would just take her to the vet. They can help more than someone over the Internet ;).

Are both degus females? If not, plan to move the male as she nears her due date as degus can mate right after the female gives birth.

I'm assuming she was with males in the store? The store should be able to tell you when she was with them, right? That will make estimating her due date easier. Are the males related? I would be very concerned about in-breeding.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent relly 'just' got her she was my friends degu for a year befor me so i know her personality and would notice any changes. My friend had 6 degus and some of them were boys. But thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.