Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HCTRMLDD-L
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one male degu is in a cage with another male who he gets along with just fine. Maybe two weeks ago maybe more (we have had him since beginning of may) he started getting episodes of random squeaking and twitching. Almost like hes having a seizer or something. This goes on for maybe 5 minutes no longer and then stops. it happens maybe twice a week sometimes 3 times. It just happened this morning. I had him on my lap this time and he didnt want to move he just sat there on me and squeaked and twitched as he was squeaking. It has like 5-10 seconds in between each squeak.. Just a WHEEP loudly and a twitch with it. then stops for 5 minutes and does it again. I dont understand. Hes jumping right out of my boyfriends hand onto the floor(from high up for the little guy) and jumping around like hes crazy. Its freaky to watch. none of the other degus do this. I feel like theres something SERIOUSLY wrong with him. Someone please help!! Its like he is schizo or has terrets!! :( help!! its going on as im writing this!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
What's his diet? Has he gotten checked out by a vet? An exotics vet may want to do blood-work. It does sound like he's having seizures.

Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.

·
HCTRMLDD-L
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its really weird. he hasnt done it at all again today. I think hes more scared of something :/ but i havent figured out what yet..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts