Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have two degus who are sisters nearly one year old now.
Ever since we got them they fight like crazy after having a dust bath and it's getting to the point where one is left quivering and scared after. I have no idea what to do anymore as I've tried everything. They have had separate dust baths, same dust bath different times, same dust bath same time, nothing seems to work, it lasts hours as well and hair and blood can sometimes be drawn. I'm wondering if anyone knows any alternatives to a dust bath that I might be able to try or if they even desperately need one. I left it a month this time and they went crazy tonight and still three hours later are fighting every five minutes. Any help would be great

Thanks

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Give them separate baths. Separate as in they don't even have contact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried that, the minute they go bak in their cage it kicks off, it's as if they dot recognise each others scent and fight!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I've tried that, the minute they go bak in their cage it kicks off, it's as if they dot recognise each others scent and fight!
Give one a dust bath while the other one is separated. Take the exact same bath and let the other use it right after. If scent is truly the issue, this will make them smell the same. You can also try a scented dust bath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts