Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pumpkin not bonding at all with the new bunnys(i got a byfriend for daisy) today she bit daisys ear (babies r in a pen and she squeezing her nose thru to try and get them)and was tryin to pull out her fluff, she's gon really naughty so shes currently on a time out in her hutch for the night, anyone have any suggestions on the bonding process???? i know it wont happen overnight but its been a week now :panic:

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
I have the same problem with my Penelope. She is always biting someone elses tush. She is just such a brat!
My advice is to check out www.rabbit.org for tips. Go slowly and don't give up. I gave up a few times now. I don't think that helps.
What I have been doing is putting them in a large box (that I can fit into as well). The five of us sit there. I have a water bottle close by just in case they fight. Sometimes I just use my hands to separate them but that is not really the best idea - and I have a scar to prove that.
I was told to give them hay and salads while bonding. Also good treats - all in hopes that they will nibble on the treats and pay less attention to the other buns.
Some mounting and a bit of nipping is okay. Just be careful it does not escalate into a real fight. Watch the circling because that can turn into a fight quickly.
Good luck!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Is she spayed? If not, then it sounds like she's going through puberty...these behavioral problems are pretty normal for intact does. Getting her spayed should help a lot :).

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
Oh dear - you should always have them spayed and neutered before attempting bonding. It makes things much easier - and no baby bunnies if they are not sexed properly!
I didn't even think of that. Good call Steph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts