Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
553 Posts
i think labordoodles are ugly as sin....but I did see a pug terrier once that I fell in love with. I think it's dumb that they are considered a designer breed though because it is just a mixed dog, but they are able to charge a lot more for them.

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
I like all dogs. However, I'm against the breeding and buying of mixed breeds by calling them 'designer' dogs.

I mean, there are plenty of 'labradoodles' and 'puggles' in shelters =/.

Reactions: Firefly

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Sasami said:
I like all dogs. However, I'm against the breeding and buying of mixed breeds by calling them 'deisgner' dogs.

I agree

· Curmudgeon
1,844 Posts
I don't really care. They exist only because people are willing to part with their money for them. It seems kind of silly to me, when you can have a dog probably prettier and smarter from a shelter.

I prefer my "hounds from the pound", but whatever people want to do, as long as they take care of them, is no skin off my moccasins....

bob

· RAT ADDICT
19,823 Posts
I think it is stupid! They are mixed breeds! And like everyone else says! There are many mixed breeds and even purebreeds in shelters and rescues that need homes!Also some of these "designer" dogs are ugly...sad but true.

· Registered
256 Posts
What is a labradoodle I keep seeing that in this discussion:) never heard of that, I mean the name is obvious ofcourse but labs are bigger than poodles well I am wrong there because the standard poodle is a large dog. I have had mutts all my life when I had a dog, except for my Aussie.

· Registered
3,722 Posts
-Deana- said:
What is a labradoodle I keep seeing that in this discussion:) never heard of that, I mean the name is obvious ofcourse but labs are bigger than poodles well I am wrong there because the standard poodle is a large dog. I have had mutts all my life when I had a dog, except for my Aussie.
Yup, labradoodle is a labrador/standard poodle mix. Puggle is a pug x beagle... cockapoo is a cocker spaniel x min. poodle... and so on... all types of stupid, fancy names to give a mutt in order for people to think that it's cute and a real breed and make them buy them... even paying much more than what they would pay for a pure bred of any normal real breed.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Sasami said:
I like all dogs. However, I'm against the breeding and buying of mixed breeds by calling them 'designer' dogs.

:exactly: :thumbsup:

My family-in-law just picked up a "pure bred" Multipoo :rolleyes: Shipped here and even came with Kennel cough! Must be some breeding program! :mad2: The sister in law convinced them to get him.

I like to make fancy names for my mutt breed, I call her a German Golden Collie, or Golden Boarder Shepard LOL... I tell my boyfriend I'm going to make myself a purse to carry her around... all 60lbs of her LOL

· Registered
29 Posts
designer dogs

I have a designer dog. She is a nine week old Goldendoodle. Her mom is a standard white Poodle and her daddy is a red Golden Retriever.
I studied these dogs before I purchased mine and found that these dogs are considered to be the 'perfect' dog. They have the intelligence of the Poodle and the mild temperament of the Retriever.
They are virtually non-shedding which is great for people with allergies. These dogs are easy to train, great with children, adults and other animals. Not only that, they are soooooo cute!!!!!
Check out my 'baby' on her very own web page at:http://www.goldendoodles.com/USDoods4/sunny.htm

· Registered
11 Posts
Yeah your research gave you a bunch of bull........The GOOD examples may have all the traits you listed....but many of them DON'T. they do NOT all get the non-shedding coat...and there is no way to know if they will have it or not until the lose their puppy fur. Also every dog is an individual and you CAN NOT predict their temperament with any sort of certainty from the parents (you can give a general prediction with PUREBREDS...but even that is not entirely trustworthy). The plain and simple truth is that ALL "designer dogs" are MUTTS....even your little goldendoodle...you can NOT predict that she will have the intelligence of a poodle and temperament of the retriever.....besides that that prediction would only work in the first place if all poodles were intelligent and all goldens were mild tempered...which not all of them are.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.