Votes: 3 42.9%
  • N/A or Don't Use Flea Control

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally my season here is June - August. Well we had a late summer last year (fleas stayed bad till November) and had an early summer this year (fleas started in April.)

I was wondering if anyone used flea control (spot on or oral like Program) year round. We really don't run the heater so fleas are never a winter problem for us. Every now and then we do get a warm winter and it feels like this one just might be one. Was considering starting year round flea treatment.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
My family treats starting in March or April (depending on how the weather is) and stops about October just to help with money. We've never had a flea problem but if we one day do have one things might change. My honey and I had fleas hitch a ride home from another house recently but after we washed our clothes, ourselves and our sheets IMMEDIATELY upon finding them we haven't seen another one. WHEW

·
Registered
9 Posts
We live in MA so we have cold winters (that's an understatement), but we still keep the flea/tick stuff all year round. The one we use says its good for up to 3 months. We do it monthly in spring/summer (summer is 3 days here) and fall. We back off to every other month in winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not even sure how often you're supposed to use flea control but my dogs have never had fleas so far, in 12 years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How long you use flea control depends on where you live. If you live somewhere that it stays worm all year long, you need to use flea control all year. Fleas thrive in warmer climates, they do not like the cold as much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts