Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've become extremely unhappy with our current breeder & have even had a death because of them that should NEVER have happened. We're on the look out for one more awesome rat after Buster's death (we'd love a dumbo rat THE MOST)

- Ally (Eva & Maeby the rats, too!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you want to head up to BC you can have some of mine........... LOL

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new baby

I used to live so close to there! I really want a baby dumbo rat. My older just died and I'm ready to raise a new baby :(

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...Shayna and Liam have 12 babies right now, depending on how far of a drive it is to get to where they live? Also, have you considered adopting a ratty from a local shelter or adoption place? Petfinders.com is a SUPER site. You can check out (via entering your local zip code and what type of animal you are interested in) what ratties are available close to you that need a good home and a second chance. You can even narrow your search parameters to what sex and/or age of rat you are interested in adopting.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's amazinfg Vlad, I have never heard of that site before! Can I advertise the babies there?

·
Registered
242 Posts
P.S. pseudo I live right at the US/Canada border if that's close to you at all. I can see Mt. Baker from my house.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hmm, that is a good question! From what I have seen on Petfinders.com, it looks like all the animals are at shelters and humane societies, etc, so I do not know if they advertise for private owners who want to adopt out their babies. Good question though! You could go to the site and see if they have a contact email or phone you could call about that, to see what they say?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll definitely do that, thanks Vlad.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Great, let me know how that goes? Pseudo, did you get a look at that Petfinders site for a possible adoption option?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Turns out that you can advertise adoptions, I posted one. :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Excellent! I am so glad you checked that out! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Me too, one more avenue to find baby homes!! I'm going to see if my locally owned pet store will let me hang flyers, too. Not going to ask any of the chains but I really like the staff at my local, they actually know what they're talking about 90% of the time which I find v. v. refreshing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts