Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know who here gets thier dog groomed by a professional.

Where i live its really hot weather and i got my dogs groomed and clipped for the first time (its there first summer)they are maltese x shih-tzu and have really long and thick hair. Normally i wash and tidy them up myself but i didnt want to do the lot incase i made them look silly.

So what i wanted to know does anyone clip there own dog and how do you get them to stay still and get the right style for your dog.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,823 Posts
I used to work in a dog grooming salon,I did it for a school course.I got to assist in grooming the dogs,bathing and just general stuff around the salon.Also learned the basics to grooming and brushing.

It was fun.I have never had my own longhaired dog though,so I never had the opportunity to groom any of "my" dogs.I do fosters anyway,but they are not longhaired!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to learn how to shape a dogs face so it suits the dog. I pay $150.00 au for the two to get done must admit they looked great and smelled like they just stept out of the purfume shop but
E-Woks hair grows way to fast and its only been 4 weeks since i got it done last and already needs doing again.

·
Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
every summer I shave Waffles because he looks so hot. I wanted to get him professionally done but I knew that as soon as he got home he would roll in cow droppings.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I do my dogs' baths, brushings and nail trims at home, but I took Colleen in to the groomer when she needed a trim. I plan to take her in every couple months to be prof bushed and trimmed if needed. She's a rough collie. Her hair is still growin back from mange, but once she has her full coat, I want to make sure she's prof groomed as often as suggested to prevent mats and keep her looking pretty.

I'll trim around her ears and on the bottom of her and Ein's feet, but I won't attempt a full cut on her. Too afraid that I'll mess it up and she won't look right.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I take my dane to be bathed. I COULD do it myself, I suppose...in the bath tub? But she's so huge and unruly, I just let the petsmart bathe her for me. $10 before they're 6 mos!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
I have a Cocker Spaniel and do most of the grooming myself but usually take her to a professional every summer to have a haircut.

I bathe her, brush her, get out mats, clip her nails, clean her ears and tear stains, and trim the fur on her face and the bottom of her paws.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks i think ill stick with the groomers and just cop the bill they love it and they look fab when they are finished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts