Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aspires to Change Oil
2,901 Posts
I'd talk to your vet... :( POor puppy, I hope there's something that can be done for him.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If your vet said that was the only option, then that is it sadly. An aging dog with cataracts can do fine as long as everyone around him/her remembers that the dog can't see as well anymore.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
my boyfriends dog is blind...it started slowly 4 years ago and 2 years ago she couldn't see at all...I am not sure what the cause was...its difficult in some ways for her...

Vet bills are getting so high...when we took her in it was alot to tell us she was blind and there was nothing they could do, shes a happy playfull dog, we just have to becareful not to move furniture or leave anything out...

I hope all works out for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
HappyDancer said:
my boyfriends dog is blind...it started slowly 4 years ago and 2 years ago she couldn't see at all...I am not sure what the cause was...its difficult in some ways for her...

Vet bills are getting so high...when we took her in it was alot to tell us she was blind and there was nothing they could do, shes a happy playfull dog, we just have to becareful not to move furniture or leave anything out...

I hope all works out for you
Reading this just broke my heart to pieces :(

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
This happened to my aunts dog when he was about 11. He had diabeties, and they think he got them from the insalin. One thing that you have to be careful about is not move the furnature they can ussally find themself around the house if nothing is moved. Scotty was able to run up and down the stairs and jump on his part of the sofa. My aunt did move the furnature and she would walk him around the house with a leash.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Im soo sorry to hear that though Im sorry I have no suggestions. But I would love to see pics of your beagle!! Beagles are the greatest....but then again I am kinna biased with one of my own...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts