Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum so nice too meet all of you. ^^

I'm actually here because my 1 year old Spitz has begun limping and not really putting weight on her foot at all. (If she does, she kind of holds it off to the side) This happened maybe an hour ago, and I'm known to be a worry wart so I'm trying to hold off going to the vet, but of course I hate to see my little one in so much pain.

I took her outside to go to the bathroom, and she did her business then suddenly began spinning around in circles (like she does if she hasn't quite finished). I didn't notice anything weird until I saw she wasn't putting any weight on her leg. I immediately picked her up and began massaging her leg (she has a luxating hip and massaging it has always made it pop back into place.) Anyway I took her home and I've spent almost this whole hour scouring her foot and leg for anything that could have stabbed her, I found a little needle type thing in her leg and took it out, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Does anyone have any other ideas what I could do? She's attempting to sleep at the moment but I can tell she's in pain, she keeps moving around and holding her leg weird.

I'm trying to hold off going to the vet because this just happened an hour ago and I've already rushed off to the vet before because of something small and ended up paying a LOT of money for nothing.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm sorry for your dog's situation, does he whine or looks in pain when you press or massage the leg? Or are there any wound or swollen from possible bites? What's weird is that the vet didn't see anything despite of what you explain here, hoping you find answer from experts here. Wishing nothing serious about your dog.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Has she had any vaccinations recently? Are you in an area with Lyme disease and if so, has she been tested for it?

It could easily just be a sprain or some soreness from the needle in her paw. I wouldn't worry unless it doesn't improve or gets worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.