Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

dog washing

1742 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  amandadun
Hi,
Everyone,
As a dog groomer, I would say not to wash your dog more often than every 2 weeks. And if that often, you need to use an oatmeal shampoo so it doesn't dry out her skin. In between baths, you can use wipes and grooming sprays if she's really stinky.
Never use human products on your dog. Good dog shampoos are soap free and won't harm their skin.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
no offense but personally i think the oatmeal shampoos stink and dont do much for the dogs, but im not a groomer, our groomer doesnt use the oatmeal wash either but to each there own.
Me? I seldom if ever bathe a dog. Brushing them frequently with a soft bristled brush keeps them clean, odor free, and their skin and coat is good shape.
Me? I seldom if ever bathe a dog. Brushing them frequently with a soft bristled brush keeps them clean, odor free, and their skin and coat is good shape.
No i was talking to garry ? the one who posted the post... if you are both please note that your not suppose to have two accounts.
I don't see what your point is. Somebody started a thread on bathing dogs. You gave your opinion, I gave mine.
I don't see what your point is. Somebody started a thread on bathing dogs. You gave your opinion, I gave mine.
No you had said in ur last quote me? like as if i was talking to you, thats why i said that :crylaugh:
Two of our dogs here really likes water and jump on the river around 5 times a month and they are all totally fine.
you can rinse them off more often but shampoos can mess with thier oils
You can get detergent free shampoo that doesn't remove the fur's natural oils. :)
Do those wipe things really work? My roommate tried some on her cat and it didn't seem to do anything at all.

Cheers - Amanda
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.