Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
I noticed pretty much right after I got my rat Sofia a couple of friends that Sofia was going to be dominant. She was the first to move in so I suppose that's why.

The dominant rat lays where she pleases, gets all the best napping spots in the cage, never gets picked on/beat up by the others, sometimes does the occasional picking on others, ha.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
I noticed that with Klausse and Wolfgang, my two rat brothers, that Wolfgang, the smaller agouti, seemed to always be the dominant one, more outgoing and aggressive but every so often, when he got a bit too big for his britches, his brother Klausse, the bigger, more gentle Russian Blue, would turn around and "give him the business", like a quick slap or nip, as if he was saying, "Look buddy, I am easygoing, but you're pushing my patience so KNOCK IT OFF" and Wolfgang would immediately back away and be a good boy. Ha! :D

· Registered
7 Posts
My sweet Peppa never has played well with others. I got her a cage-mate to keep her company (named Oreo), while I was at work, and Peppa just bullied her and chased her away from the food dish and water bottle.

I finally had to get another cage for Oreo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.