Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Hi all! :wavey:

We've talked about it for quite a while but I'm going to go ahead and get the ball rolling. Several have replied on the other thread offering to donate prizes for a raffle and I need a definitive list to get started.

The prize can be almost anything, pet or human related. Even a gift certificate is welcome. I'd just like to avoid using any of the raffle proceeds for prize purposes so donations are the preferred way to go.

The charity we'll be donating all raffle proceeds to is Carolina Wild Care. It is a registered, tax exempt wildlife rehabilitation organization, run by Vicki Fisk out of her home in Charlotte, NC. Vicki is a federally licensed rehabilitator and takes in everything from birds to squirrels, even at 11pm if need be. I was overwhelmed by her dedication and caring when I visited her home to drop off two orphaned birds.

This is the direct wording on the information sheet:
Carolina Wild Care is committed to the preservation of wildlife and through education and the rehabilitation of sick, injured or orphaned wildlife in North Carolina. Our goal is to always return healthy animals to their native habitat.

During the last 15 years, wildlife rehabilitation has progressed from being predominantly loving housewives caring for animlas, to a professional field of devoted wildlife veterinarians, behaviorists, nutritionists and rehabilitators. I am proud to be among the current professionals who realize that preparing wildlife to be returned to their native habitat requires much more than "a little milk ... a few nuts ... and setting them free when they're bigger."

We now know each species has specific nutritional needs, and that they must be environmentally and socially stimulated in order to survive and thrive in the wild.

Carolina Wild Care provides the proper nutrition, caging, and mental/physical stimulation for each species to ensure their successful release back into the wild. With over five years of experience, Carolina Wild Care has both the expertise and appropriate licenses to rehabilitate songbirds, waterfowl, and small mammals.

Carolina Wild Care is a non-profit, tax exempt organization that cares for wildlife. Donations are never required, but are very much appreciated. Since we receive no funding from state, city, or county agencies, we depend on the kindness of people like you that care about wildlife.
If you are able to donate for certain, please post here or PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks for your compassion and dedication! We as a community CAN make a difference! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
825 Posts
Ok I'd love to donate to the raffle... I wouldn't have a clue though as to what to donate though... I'd love to go shopping & pick up some things to send, can anyone give me any ideas? :scratch2:

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather have items than monetary donations, Sassy. Just because of PayPal fees, etc.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty much anything is welcome, thanks!! :) Human or pet oriented, whatever. What is extra or not usable by the winner will either be donated to a local rescue or saved for future contest prizes, depending on what it is. I'll PM you with a mailing address if you'd like. :)

·
Banned
825 Posts
PM me the address Jade... I'm going shopping tommorow after school for all of you wonderful PTer's... Be prepared for a HUGE box ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts