Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new leopard gecko owner and i have had him about 3 weeks. love him to death. I have a under tank heater a red light for more warmth, the pet store says that they can't see red so it wont hurt their eyes. He always stays on the warm side and in one of his hides. I have a hide on both sides and a humid box. What do i do? I know its supposed to be around 80 in the tank but my thermometer says 73 how do i get it warmer?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Get a stronger undertank heater (and a thermostat) and/or add a heat lamp for day time (it's alright if the temperature drops a bit at night).

Either way, you need to do something, as 73 is very cold for a leopard gecko.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
ok this is a stupid ? Do i just get a bigger undertank heater with the one i have? or Switch?
That's really up to you. I would personally just get a larger one, and try that alone. If you still can't raise the temperature enough, use the other one on the side of the tank too (unless yours can't be stuck to tank sides? most can).

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.