Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a few new trimmers at work so i had to test them out on messi... And so i trimmed his bum a little cause it was getting long and i read the instructions and didn't put on an attachment cause i wanted it really short around his little bum... and i cut him. Just a little, you could hardly see it, it didn't really bleed at all not even a drop, maybe a quarter of a drop of blood.

This was friday, he has since gone crazy. He was itching it and biting at his tail. And made it red. So i have been telling him no if he wants to bite at it. But now he has sad tail all the time and holds it down. and doesn't want to play, he scoots around he runs like he is scared from place to place and sits as soon as he get there.

I put antibiotic ointment on it, i put vasiline on it, and i put anti-itch spray for cuts (dog product) on it. Which i think makes him want to itch that off.

But it has been 4 days and he is still acting weird. You can't see any cut any more, its still a little red from where he chewed his tail though. What is his deal? is he just a drama king? I feel awful i cut him and will never not put an attachment on the trimmer again.

· Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Hm he's probably a bit uncomfortable and irritated. That's a pretty sensitive area.

I don't think a dog would act that way just to be a 'drama king". I think he's probably experiencing some discomfort. I'd keep an eye on things too because of where it is, it's probably exposed to a lot of bacteria and even a really small cut can become infected.

· Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i'm keeping an eye on it much to his embarrassment. I figure it is a little irritated but i don't think its quite what he makes it appear to be. I am keeping it clean, now you can't see the cut at all, it doesn't look infected at all. Poor kid.

· Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He looks like its bugging him a little more again tonight. More so than in the morning. Poor guy isn't feeling well. I put more antibiotic ointment on it again. He hates that heh makes him goopy but he didn't bother it since. I hope it makes it feel a little better.

I will take him to the vet if it doesn't clear up soon. Or looks like its getting infected or anything. Right now it just looks a little raw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.