Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ma-Ha always has an itchy ear. I took her to the vet and they thought it was ear mites so they gave her a shot that was supposed to get rid of them, but it didn't help. I also got ear drops and that didn't help either. It's mostly just one ear, but I've seen her other ear bother her a few times too. When it starts itching she scratches it for a long time and then shakes her head when she's done and liquid flies out of her ear. (not fun when she does this while she's on my lap!) Other than this, she's a very healthy cat. 8 years old and still plays like a kitten. I'm thinking maybe she just has excessive ear wax, but I don't know. Also, I've heard that if a cat has ear mites, there will be black dots inside the ear, and Ma-Ha doesn't have that. Has anyone seen this before and know what it might be?

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
mites or an ear infection are common ear problems. But I would suggest maybe another vet visit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, she's due for her shots anyways. Just looking for ideas to ask the vet about in case they still think it's ear mites and can't help her again. She looks so annoyed by it! Thanks!

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
hope she gets better soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts