Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ambieruns10 said:
So you will kill snakes, lions, bears, etc? There are many critters out there that can kill. ;)

I would relocated it to a more appropriate location like the woods or where it would be able to set up home. I'm not too familar with their habitat.
You're welcome to come relocate her if you feel that strongly. :rolleyes: There is no way I'm getting any closer than camera distance and there isn't a nearby area to really relocate to that doesn't involve driving.

I nearly made Charlie buy a new mattress set because mine sat in the [spider infested] garage for four days. After this, I may revisit that. I am almost phobic when it comes to spiders.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Tarantulas help!! :giggle:
I'm serious though.
I used to be really afraid of spiders& bugs..then I started researching them,my fear left almost overnight (& if I get bit or stung I can get really ill& in the case of bee stings& hornets& wasps I could die)

My fear is gone though.I don't seek out bees& the like,but I don't fear them.
& when I got my tarantula,she ended up helping quite a few others get over their spider phobia.
I'm a fanatic now though.
I love looking @ the webs especially.Very skillful little critters ;)

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Ambieruns10 said:
Beautiful!

I would just try to relocate them instead of killing them. :( I couldn't kill something so beautiful!
The only thing I "kill" are crickets& worm type bugs (mealworms,waxworms& the like).& In theory I don't kill them...they live in roomy enclosures until its time for my pets to eat them.
Then they get dusted with vitamins& is put into the pet's enclosure.
(I *do* feel bad about that,I get quite attached to the bugs,but my pets won't eat anything else& well my pets have to come first& it's not ok to try to change a creatures diet to fit the owners opinion)
A lot of people put mealworms in the fridge so they lay dormant (spelling?) I refuse to.
I just let them turn into beetles as they were meant to do =]
I have a LOT of "pet" beetles at the moment! :giggle:
They are my little buddies :lol:

That photo you took though,it looks perfect.
I would like to have it in a frame,can I print it out?
(asking permission from you before I do if you say I can).

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sure, go ahead. It isn't very high resolution because it was cropped a lot, so it may not print well.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Beautiful!

I am another spider lover here! I LOVE spiders.Black widows included.We do not have them here tho.Altho last year there were a bunch found in some grapes that were shipped over here.However Newfoundland conditions are not ideal for black widows.

I would also just move the spider...or leave it where it is.I often have spiders in my house,the most common in my house is Pholcus phalanginoides.

I do not kill spiders or any other bugs.I will kill fleas,ticks,lice or anything like that...but if it is not harming me or my family,then why kill it?

·
I'm not weird, I'm gifted
1,530 Posts
It's just so beautiful.

But I'm glad we haven't got any wild animals over here, that can kill you though

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
This calls for a professional in my opinion...i'd be callin the bug guy!!!

spiders make me sick :puke:
esp. poisonous ones!! :(

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Ewwww that's so gross. Nah actually it's a beautiful shot. I just perfer to keep my distance body wise and visually.:giggle: I'd be callin a bug guy as well considering they are very poisionious.

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
Venomous. :)

At least widows for the most part are easy to identify, most people wouldn't know a brown recluse if they swatted one with their own shoe. They just look like any ugly little brown spider. I've kind of gotten out of my spider fascination. I still have a few, but over the years I just haven't had an interest in keeping that many. I love trap door spiders. :)

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Ravnos said:
Venomous. :)

At least widows for the most part are easy to identify, most people wouldn't know a brown recluse if they swatted one with their own shoe. They just look like any ugly little brown spider. I've kind of gotten out of my spider fascination. I still have a few, but over the years I just haven't had an interest in keeping that many. I love trap door spiders. :)

There's a lot of brown recluse spiders here. I got bit by one when I was a child. And boy are they ulgy.:giggle:

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
One of my buddies from Nova Scotia informed me he's getting one for a pet soon.
We order our spiders from the same breeder.
I have a long way to go before I work my way up to these guys.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years :).

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
EEEWWWW .... We just had our outside of our house sprayed for spiders, we have it done 2 - 3 times a year because we live kinda in the desert and black widows are famous for where we are. We went out last night to the new shed we had built just for our Halloween decorations and found that the complete shed is infested with the nasty black widows!!!! Talk about a creepy Halloween shed ~ that thing took on a whole new meaning of it's own! So, now we have to bug bomb it before I can begin pulling out my Halloween decorations! I'm all for squashing them nasty things!

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
we have so many black widows around the house...garage and outside...we hired an exterminator, he comes tomorrow...I am all for letting things live, but my house is full of kids all the time as well as my animals...so they all gotta go...lol I don't mess around with poisionous anythings around the house

21 - 35 of 35 Posts