Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our 4 girls for a month or two now. We got them when there where about 6 months old and when we did they didnt have a wheel.

We have got them a large (rat) wheel right away but they have never used it. Occasionally one will go and put her front paws in it but then as soon as it moves a bit they lose interest.

I have tried putting treats in it which do always get eaten but they havent used it.

I was thinking of getting one of the flying saucer wheels (probably a cheaper version though) to see if that would work any better.

Any ideas?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
There isn't a lot you can do other than hope they'll eventually use it (and that might be the case). I've seen degus learn from others but that would only work if you already had a degu who uses the wheel.

Trying a different kind (like the flying saucer) is a good idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I think our Degus secretly have the internet and are reading this forum. After posting this yesterday while I was at work I went home to find that one of them had started using the wheel :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine show absalootly no interest in their wheel apart from to sit on it... i hoped the two little ones would use it an show my big boy how but nope - they just prefur to carry toys around the cage all day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.