Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides my two lovely dumbo boys, I have two fancy mice (Lily and Olivia). Olivia is just a DREAM pet super friendly and content as could be to remain in her cage. Lily on the other hand is intent on escaping from her home. She has managed to get out on MULTIPLE occassions and it scares me to death! (we have a large black lab in the home who would find her to be an awesome squeaky toy :( ) Other than staring at the cage for hours trying to figure out where shes escaping (which I have done multiple times) what can I do to discourage her? I would hate to have to put her in an aquarium but I'd hate even more to come home to only one mouse. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've never had this problem before, but what part of the cage are they escaping from? Maybe if it's the top, you could try putting a small blanket over the top or tying cardstock over the where she's escaping from or something? D:

If you really don't want to put them in an aquarium, you might have to go get a new cage with wires that are closer together and they can't get out of :/ Otherwise, I'm not sure how to keep her in her cage. I'm sorry I couldn't be much of a help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for not clarifying but its an All Living Things cage (the hamster one?) it was the smallest bar width-ed? cage I could find lol. She searches all over the cage until she finds two bars that are SLIGHTLY farther apart than the rest (so small that I can't even tell until she escapes from that area).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh, well if it's only those two bars then you could try tying cardstock or something she can't chew through all along the bars so that those bars are blocked off? Hopefully after she realizes that she can't escape anymore, she'll stop trying and you can take the cardstock off. Usually hamster cages are fine, from what I know about mice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts