Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Would you move to another state where your pets are legal if they became illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 106 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 29 21.5%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I totally understand your position and I applaud you for doing what you can to stand up for what you believe is right.

I had to vote NO. I don't own anything considered very exotic - I have 2 parrots, 3 dogs and 3 cats. I should tell you why I did vote no though.

I voted No because I have a family to consider. We live and work in the NYC metro area. I have children in one of the best school districts in the country. My children and family have to come first, always. We live where the work is, work is where the money comes from to live...

I'd do anything for my animals and have always lived up to my word, but if it came down to it, I'm being totally honest here- my kids would have to come first...

When I look at that list the first thing that came to my mind was the man in a NYC subsidised housing apartment who was keeping a Lion and an alligator - among other potentially dangerous animals it was later found out. Although laws may not always make rational sense to people who are educated and dedicated enough to actually care for exotics - most people aren't educated and have no clue. They not only put the animal in harms way through improper care and non-existant medical treatment, they pose a danger to the immediate population.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts