Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im new to this forum, I just wanted to ask a question about my mice. I've just bought 3 male fancy mice, the lady in the shop said that i can keep them together as they come from the same litter.

Since i've got them home I've noticed that Mouse 1 is bullying Mouse 2 hes also attempted to bully Mouse 3.

But he generally just bullys Mouse 2. He chases him around the housing and pounces on him, Mouse 2 squeaks really loudly and trys to run away, both mice seem to be scared to move around him and sit on top of stuff to stay out of his way.

There has been no blood yet, but as there still abit skittish i cant check them for scratches. In the mean time im going to give away Mouse 1 as soon as some1 wants him. But if i remove him do you think the other 2 will start fighting as i've seen no dominance from them what so ever and they seem to get on really well?

Sorry 4 the long post. :)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Welcome to Paw-Talk!

Unfortunately, male mice are prone to fighting even if they're littermates. There's a really good chance you'll just need to separate all three :(. I would personally separate them now, before they do serious damage.

Good luck!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Like Sasami said male mice are very territorial and almost always fight even in the same litter. You should have gotten girls because they are very friendly towards you and each other and stink way less than males. Welcome to the forum :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Yes,unfortunatly male mice rarely ever get along,even when they are littermates.Males will often fight to the death.So I agree...you should seperate them now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts