Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest boy Vinnie is getting up there in years, and I made the decision to breed him one last time, my last litter ever, in hope that I would get a baby that resembles him, in color, and attitude.
Well I believe I've gotten that, and I wanted to share my new litter with ya'll....and to tell you that I've never seen rat pups so chunky before..EVER. They are just past a week old, and have fat rolls. Yes, Fat Rolls. They are very healthy, and active.

9 babies all together, 7 males, 2 females. All Chubbly! This picture was taken at 3 days old, at this age they were already as long, and big as my thumb.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, they are beautiful! Lil chub-chubs! I can't wait to see pictures of when they start getting fur. :)

Are you going to keep the babies or what are your plans with them?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Awww, yay!!! I love chubby little ratties!!!! :heart:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am keeping two of the boys, several of the others do have homes, a local teacher will be taking 3 boys for her classroom, and will be taking them home with her at the end of the year, I donated her a cage, some bedding, books about the care of rats, a food dish and water bottle, and a bit of food. She teaches a 5th grade class. And my boyfriends brother is taking the 2 girls, and the last two boys will be going to live with my friend Kimm, but that is just tenative, she wants to discuss it with her daughter.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh, they are just GORGEOUS little babies! They are going to be such cuties! I wish I could hold them and give em all kisses! Great photos!

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
EEEkkk, so cute. Kinda makes me miss having little babies around. haha.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww there all really adorable :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ratties turn so many different colors as they molt so it is hard to say! But, boy is she just the prettiest little thing! I love her white spot on top of her head, surrounded by that beautiful tan colored fur..what a cutie pie!!!:D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Those are the cutest, chubbiest babies EVER!!!!! And that last one, she is a doll! I'm not sure if she will molt out of the variegated color on her back, because my Russell has that same color pattern down his back, and he has a gray hood and a blaze. His blaze got a bit thinner once he got his adult fur, but the variegation never went away. She might stay like that---I think she's super cute!!! :heart:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! She's a sweetie, and one of the boys is quite a trouble maker...now that he's got his eyes open he won't stay where his mother tells him to!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts