Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering...which toys are your dogs' favorites?

Rocky really likes his Kong and his Bad Cuz toy. Of course, he's destructive so those are pretty much his only remaining toys :lol:.

Sophie likes this stuffed reindeer she got for her first Christmas when she was just a puppy. She really likes her pink stuffed squeaky bear too. And a pink stuffed bone that was bought at the dollar store :lol:. Although it tends to leave fuzz everywhere :rolleyes:.

Bambi loves her green elephant stuffed animal. She likes it so much we bought her a second one :lol:.

·
Doomed to be Titleless Forever
522 Posts
This used to be Lucy's favorite toy:
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441813606&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302026213&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1156739705053&itemNo=27&Nao=24&In=Dog&N=2026207+4294966731&Ne=6

Then my brother's boxer puppy got a hold of it and destroyed it lol.

Now her favorite is this weird little thing...it's shaped like a pyramid, it's made of soft fabric and has bells inside it. It's one of these...but a pyramid version lol.
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441806356&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302026182&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1156739848382&itemNo=4&In=Dog&N=2026207+4294966644&Ne=6

And Molly hates and refuses to play with toys. :lol: She does like to occassionally chew on a Nylabone though lol.

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
6,574 Posts
The Cuz toys, peanut butter filled Kongs and Kong ball seem to be the favorites around here. They enjoy an occassional game of tug toy with the huge rope toy they have....although the rope toy leaves a mess on the rug too. :rolleyes: Any stuffed toy is shredded within minutes so I stopped buying those.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Lady has a wolf head that squiks that she plays with, and nothing else...

Penny hates all toys lol

Puppers likes any and all balls lol (ballaholic)

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
My dogs favorite toy? Each other. They will bite and pull on each others skin. If they aren't doing that they are chasing the birds. We gave them squeeky toys but they don't like them as much as the birds or playing with each other.

·
Registered
358 Posts
my Molly absolutly loves squeaky toys, she runs around the house squeaking them and throwing them.:)but she will play with almost anything.;)
June-Bug likes ropes,she loves playing tug o war.
Sydney sortof likes squeaky toys and ropes both but not as much as the other two puppies.:D
all three dogs love stuffed animals but they completly shred them in like 2 minutes, and i have given up on finding one they can't destroy.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My dog doesn't play with toys very often but sometimes if she's really hyper, she'll grab her rope toy and go nuts with it. She always wins in tug of war, haha (she's a Great Dane). She especially loves stuffed animals. We don't know if she was weaned too early or what but she's always had a weird habit of sucking on things (she'll ball up her blanket and suck on it most of the time). Stuffed animals serve that purpose well for her, lol. She usually ends up ripping it apart before too long though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My dog used to love the raw-hide bones. but that was before i had discovered the kongs(When i did volunteer work at the vets).

·
Registered
661 Posts
Elvis Lee loves any kind of stuffed squeeky toy. He also enjoys puppy ropes & nylabone chew toys.

His Absolute Favorite is a toy called an OBall. It is very easy for him to grab. There are 2 kinds, one with a little squeeky ball inside, one without. He has both. Elvis Lee plays with it for hours on end, either with a human playmate or by himself. Here's a few pics of him with the OBall. Please click on thumbnail to enlarge.

I found it on eBay. If you want the name of the seller, PM me. :lovies:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Stuffed toys are not permitted in our home. Ein tears them apart limb from limb and leaves a trail of stuffing from one end of the house to the other. Tucker eats them, and it is very gross if they cause a problem. Not to mention the fact that they could cause a serious blockage that require surgery. So we only have rubber toys, ropes, and balls.

Tucker doesn't seem to have a favorite. He loves his tennis ball, rope, and any hard rubber toy he can chew on. Rubber squeeky toys are fun to throw up in the air and chase around, too.

Ein likes to play tug of war with the rope. And he likes to play "keep away", which means he likes to hold any toy he thinks Tucker may want and look at him, saying, "Na na ne boo boo, You can't have it." Though his number one favorite toy of all time, is a CAT toy. Yes, you heard right. His favorite toy is one of those plastic wheel things with the mouse inside, that the cat bats at to make the mouse run the circle. We bought it for Sebastian, and Ein stole it. He goes absolutely batty for it. When he catches the mouse, he picks it up with his mouth and prances across the room with it, so that you know what a good job he did. In addition to trying to catch the mouse with his mouth, he also likes to scratch at it, dig at it and pounce on top of it. If I didn't know better, I'd wonder if corgis were decendent from rat terriers, lol. It really is a sight to see. He also loves chasing the dot from the laser pointer.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Shadow's favorite is his fleece lamby. He has gone through 3 of them now. Luckily they are cheap at wal-mart. He also have a penguin that I got him for his first christmas with me that he loves.
He will not play with any thing rubber or latex. Only stuffed animal toys.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Kong's, Balls and Rope toys are the only toys permitted in our house... although I am considering the the O-ball ..... If it squeaks it is dead, my dog Ed hates squeaky toys and will completely destroy them in under a minute ... If it is stuffed I have a cloud on my floor in a matter of moments... somehow they can differentiate between their toys and the kids, they have never eaten one of the kids stuffed animals.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Troy loves stuffed animals but they are only premited when i'm watching him. he also loves his kongs and his tire rope toy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bekha likes the ball that you put treats in. They have to roll it to make the treats fall out. That can keep her busy for hours. She also likes 'raggers' (I think that's what they're called!?). She does like squeaky toys but sometimes she starts leaving food for her squeaky toys and starts crying when you make them squeak so we think she thinks it's her puppy or something.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
reggie loves his peanut butter filled kong we also hide treats in the peanut butter just randomly and we freeze it to keep him really busy. he loves stuffed toys and as long as he has his own he will leave the kids stuffed toys alone. he also loves the butchers block bones that still have little bits of meat and stuff on them.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Leo said:
Kong's, Balls and Rope toys are the only toys permitted in our house... although I am considering the the O-ball .....
Hi Ally, :wave:

OBalls come with or without the little squeeker ball inside, we have both types & the squeeker is veryquiet in comparison to some of his other toys. I bet all 3 of your furbabies would love this toy. Elvis even brings it outside with him when he has to tinkle. Too Funny. Do you ever buy stuff on eBay? Let me know if you want the seller's name.

:lovies: give your boys a tummy rub & a treat from me & Elvis Lee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts