Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would ask,what are your favorite reptiles??

Mine are leopard geckos,crested geckos,uros (uroymastix...I dunno if I spelled that right),bearded dragons and I love snakes,especially corns and pythons!

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
I am definitely a snake person at heart, though I keep all manner of reptiles. My flying snakes are definitely the coolest snakes I have. :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ravnos said:
I am definitely a snake person at heart, though I keep all manner of reptiles. My flying snakes are definitely the coolest snakes I have. :)
Flying snakes? What are they like??? How many do you have?

Oh and I looked it up,I did have the spelling wrong...it is:
uromastyx.I love them alot!

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
I have a pair of ornate flying snakes (Chrysopelea ornata). Definitely not for everyone... they're pretty high strung, arboreal, snakes, that are mildly venomous. They get to around 30 inches in length. They almost act more like a lizard, tilting their head to look at you and things like that. Their primary diet is lizards, but they'll frequently eat small mice. They're amazing climbers, and can go straight up the lightly textured walls of my room... and then if they get startled, they'll leap off and glide to the floor and take off incredibly fast. :)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Can amphibians count, too? Because I'm more into them :D. I love newts of all kinds but especially adored my paddletails. I really like frogs and toads...I want a Red-Eyed Treefrog some day. I liked my American Toad...they aren't very active or colorful but they are great pets!

I also really like Crested Geckos and want one badly :D.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Padfoot said:
Frilled Lizards!!! I've always been in love with them, since I first saw them... don't think I'll ever own one... but they are just beautiful.
Oooh, I like those a lot too! I don't think I'd have them as a pet but they are really cool!

Oh, and I want a Goliath Frog :D.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sasami said:
Can amphibians count, too? Because I'm more into them :D. I love newts of all kinds but especially adored my paddletails. I really like frogs and toads...I want a Red-Eyed Treefrog some day. I liked my American Toad...they aren't very active or colorful but they are great pets!

I also really like Crested Geckos and want one badly :D.
Of course they count! I wasn't thinking,and just put reptiles down.But amphibians are just as greyt!

I love african clawed frogs,pacman frogs,mudpuppys,paddletail newts and firebelly newts!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
kylekracker said:
I love every kind of snake..... Except for Ribbon Snakes, I dont know why, I just dont really like them. But my all time favorite is the Eyelash Viper.

Also, you can find all of your favorite reptiles here http://lllreptile.com/
Haha, that's funny because if I ever got a snake it would be a ribbon snake :lol:.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I like ribbon snakes too... and garter... I saw once a blue checkered ribbon (on internet) and I want one eventually. I also like cornsnakes a lot, and green tree pythons.

I LOVE newts and salamanders!!!! I wanna have some of those too. 8) And poison dart frogs are beautiful! I also like red eyed tree frogs and tiger legged tree frogs. 8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
kylekracker said:
I love every kind of snake..... Except for Ribbon Snakes, I dont know why, I just dont really like them. But my all time favorite is the Eyelash Viper.

Also, you can find all of your favorite reptiles here http://lllreptile.com/
I think that I worded this wrong, There are no animals that I DONT like, Ribbon snakes are just my least favorite snake.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Ambieruns10 said:
I love turtles, although I don't have any. Not reptiles but I love tomato frogs! I think they are really cute, lol. I would love to have one.

Aww!!!! :heart: I was going to get one of those years ago!!! But I didn't because the one at the store was expensive and not very healthy. I adore those guys, though!

I like Poison Dart Frogs, too...forgot about them.

This thread is making me want new pets :lol:.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kylekracker said:
I think that I worded this wrong, There are no animals that I DONT like, Ribbon snakes are just my least favorite snake.
I like ribbon snakes alot.Actually a few years ago I said that is the ONLY snake I would get,as they eat fish.But after meeting some more corns in person,I finally decided I like corn snakes better and if I ever decide to get a snake,I want a corn.

Those tomato frogs are really cute too!

Ravnos,that flying snake is beautiful! Are they the ones that glide through trees in the wild?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I'm just going to include reptiles& ampibihans in one :lol:

Turtles,snakes (all kinds!! BTW Ravnos,what a gorgeous snake!! :heart: )
Firebellied newts,treefrogs [all kinds of frogs actually,i love frogs!!], ADF,pacman frogs,& those tomato frogs I didn't even know existed but I'm going to research them :lol:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That marbled newt is an odd looking fellow! But he is cute!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.