Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe most of you know about this already, but we find Feline Pine to be the least stinky cat litter we've ever used. (We use the pellet kind, we've never used the clumping kind, that's new.)

It's cool because when the pellets get wet they just turn into sawdust and once they dry, they don't smell at all. They also sell a special box with a grate on the bottom that you can just shake all the stuff to the lower level after you have cleaned out the hard matter.

I find myself recommending it to clients more and more.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Caat

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I use similar stuff for my rabbits, guinea pigs, and hamster (different brand, and a 50lb bag LOL) and its definatly my favorite litter to use! It keeps the smell way down, and it works well to use in under aspen shavings too if you have small animals.
I need one of those grated litter boxes...

·
Registered
562 Posts
I personally don't care for the Feline Pine, because when we tried it, the second it gets wet, it kinda falls apart and makes a huge mess!
I like a slightly similar product called Swheat Scoop. It's made of Wheat Husks, and smells really sweet, so I like that better!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
It would be nice to get a grated litter pan before I would try anything like that!! Isnt pine bad though in all forms???
From what I know,this is not like the pine litter they sell for small animals.
I don't think it contains phenols.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I personally don't care for the Feline Pine, because when we tried it, the second it gets wet, it kinda falls apart and makes a huge mess!
I like a slightly similar product called Swheat Scoop. It's made of Wheat Husks, and smells really sweet, so I like that better!
That's the point of it. It's not a clumping litter, the best use of it is to get the grated box and just sift the used stuff into it. The litter on the top always stays clean.

We have a covered trash can right next to the box. (This is for cats, mind you, not rabbits). We scoop the poop out of there and put it into the box as needed. Then we shake the box so all the soft stuff falls down below the grate. Every few days, when the bottom gets full, we just remove the top portion and empty the bottom. The litter always stays fresh and their never scratching around in used litter.

Doesn't work for everyone, it does for us. I don't like the wheat stuff, myself, because it mildews. You can't put it into a trash can until it's full and then empty it.

Caat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.