Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I'm Kristin and relatively new to the forum. I'm reviving some threads (not too old, all less than a month :D) and am interested in all of your little ones!

In lieu of children, I have animals. I don't know if that will change but for now, just the way it is. :thumbsup:

Fish: (bettas) Spiny and Boo
Rats: Roo and Zara
Chinchillas: Zephyr and Imp
Dogs: Shiloh and Merlin
Horse: Genie

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and not only learning but maybe being able to offer advice in return. Nice to meet you all.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Welcome to Paw-Talk! :)

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Welcome! It's nice to meet people here and share stories and pictures!! After 20 posts you may begin to upload, we love pictures !!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Welcome to Paw-Talk :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll do pic overload when I hit 20.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the family!

Merlin (Catahoula mix)

Shiloh (Aussie mix)

Zara and Roo (Fancy rats)

Imp and Zephyr (standard)

Genie (Percheron)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Oh I love all of your animals,especially Merlin,the rats and Genie! But they are all cute. I used to have a rat named Zephyr...he was awesome.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Wow, what pretty dogs you have!!! They're all cute though :) What does a "fancy rat" mean though?? Aw, is that a baby foal of your horse??

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Fancy rat is just another term for a domestic pet rat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, Vanilla. I honestly thought that fancy rat was the type they were as opposed to others such as: dumbo, manx, rex or nekkids (lol). I didn't realize that all of them fell under the fancy term as far as domesitcation would be concerned. So would they just be considered... standard rats or something?

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Thank you, Vanilla. I honestly thought that fancy rat was the type they were as opposed to others such as: dumbo, manx, rex or nekkids (lol). I didn't realize that all of them fell under the fancy term as far as domesitcation would be concerned. So would they just be considered... standard rats or something?
You are welcome. Yup,all domestic rats are the same as fancy rats...they are all the same species. The hairless,dumbos,manx,Siamese,rex...etc,etc are varieties of fancy/domestic rats! :)

Your babies are standards.
Still adorable though...I am probably biased though,since I adore rats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, learn something new everyday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts