Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for Gerbils. Phyllis is a cute little thing! :D Perfect name!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I picked the name Phillis cause my friend by the name of phil actually picked her up and bought her for me I had just had a hamster and rat pass on me and I needed a new companion.

:( my one older rat is still around but I am not sure just for how long.... I know my mom doesn't want me getting another but I would like getting a new baby...after him. I am just so accustomed to having rats around I can't imagine not having one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Phillis is very cute. :) Too bad you didn't get two female gerbils from the same cage – gerbils love to have the company of other gerbils but are very difficult to introduce if they're not from the same litter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she was the only one left in her cage and you could tell she wanted out lol well all kind of ended up falling for her.

·
Registered
188 Posts
She is one lucky girl. :) Any more pics – would love to see more.

My two gerbils, Ember and Fawn, passed away last year – one in August and one in September. Both were over three years old. (I had been given them for free by a pet store that said they couldn't sell them because they were too old. I think they were around 6 months old at the time.) I loved those two and miss them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts