Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've started to use my new digi cam, and thought I'd start with the fish. Now, please forgive me as I am still learning to take tank pics. (and forgive the spots on the tank, we just did water changes).

First is Snowy, a snowball pleco (we just got him!)

Then here's Slate & Marble, they are Cosby gourami's (slate's a real bully too :rolleyes: )

Then Goldy, a gold gourami

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! And of course you can call them cute, I do all the time!

Unfortunatly, the penguin tetras (the ones with black there) all died =( We just got them 2 days ago. I took them back to the store today and they said there's all died too. They had passed the quarintine time at the store, but then all up and died. So I now have some silver tip tetras instead.

Here are a few more pictures I took last night (still not great, but I'm practicing!)

The new Betta:

Indigo:

The Minnows:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never heard of "Cosby's Gouramis"..had to look those up.. Now I see, those are another name for Blue Gouarmis. Yeah, they can be nasty.. Used to have a variety of Gouramis in my big tank..a few Blues included. Their temperments vary so greatly though. Watch that Skunk Botia..those can be nasty. Had them 2x..once in peaceful tank..big NO NO. Then in a tank with Breeding Kribs..figured the Kribs could handle them (they get VERY territorial during breeding). But, no again..took the Skunk's back to a pet store and they are successfully keeping them with some more aggressive Cichlids.
Ok so here's a few of mine..
Some pics of my Spotted Hillstream Loaches..

These are one of my faves to photograph..

·
Registered
213 Posts
One of my betta splendens males, Smurf..

Closeup of a couple of Corydoras Trilineatus (often mistakenly sold as C. Julii..at least in the US)

Glass Catfish

Pearl Gouramis...one of my ABSOLUTE favorite fish

Zebra Loaches (great small,peaceful snail eradicator)

My female African Butterfly Fish (the male pictured above her was lost to some unknown parasite..and I believe he brought Camallanus worms into the tank..but the rest of the tank was treated for those and is fine..save for my female momma krib)

And no, all of these fish aren't in the same tank..
The ABF female is in a 20 gal long (densely planted) with a Male krib, some of his offspring, and some ottos..

The betta is in his own small tank..

The others are in a 125 gal long (half planted/half decorated with rock) tank..
Along with Elegans Cories, Skunk Cories, Emerald Cories, Bristlenose Plecos, a Clown Pleco, and Ottos.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dena, I will try and get more Snowy pics. All the ones I tried to take right now turned out horribly blurry! I will keep trying though.

grlunderainbow, how do you get your pictures to turn out so clear?? You fish are beautiful!
My skunk loaches are in with the clowns, some tetras, rasboras (sp?), the 2 rams and plecos. I have not noticed they being overly aggressive. They are small still though. The only fish they seem to show some interest in are the clown loaches, but the clowns are twice their size and seem to just push them away. I will keep an eye on them. The Cosby gouramis are blues, they just had that name variation on the tank, and seem to have more darker colouring on them then the standards blues. Their personalities are very different! Slate seems to be settling down though. They've all picked their spots in the tank!

OO, Snowball's out again, let me go try and get his pic...

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, few more pics. Snowy for some reason, still came out blurry, but I'll post it anyway. Maybe he's tired of the flash :rolleyes:

So first is Snowy, then a spotted sailfin pleco, then Ken & Marvin. Still trying to get a top shot of Marvin. He's a UFO pleco, but we're still not sure if he's a real pleco or not. Can't seem to find out much about him, but he's super cute!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hard to tell from pic of Marvin..but does he look anything like my Hillstream loaches? OR does he look at all like a little flounder?
Might check www.planetcatfish.com if you are trying to get a correct ID on him. They have a forum you can post pics to and someone there will be able to tell you what he is.
Such cool plecos though..I wish my local fish store was able to get more unique plecos in at the time I was setting my tank up.
Took some practice..at angling my camera the right way so the light bounces off the glass at an angle and not back at me..and WINDEX..My camera makes it pretty easy though set in automatic mode..
I've heard skunks are not as aggressive in groups..they pay more attention to each other. That might have been my mistake the first time I had a single guy in my big tank. But the second time, I got two for my 20 gal (that was all the store had at the time)..and after they got settled in, they went on to terrorize my Kribs. Their personalities can vary greatly, too..so maybe your's aren't too bad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts