Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took some pics of FL animals and stuff that I thought were cute!

I thought this little guy was so cute! He is called a sand flea I think? Anyways, he is kinda weird.

I saw an Osprey nest too! If you look close, you can see the little bald baby osprey poking his head up.

One of the dolphins that likes to hang out near the boats. His name is Mooch, LOL! I'm rather proud of this picture!

Cute little birds.

A wild tortoise! <3 Isn't he adorable?! He wasn't too happy with me LOL.

And a little seagull.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some other non-animal pictures.

And I saw these guys in my back yard today.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! :D

We stayed in the Sarasota/Nokomis area with my grandparents. Where in FL are you??

·
Registered
619 Posts
Aww that's why it's so pretty.

I live in South Florida where the beaches are usually crowded and there's garbage everywhere.

BUT right now I'm in Tallahassee until May (close to the panhandle) and haven't been to the beach yet. I really have to go check out the beaches and wild area before I go back. Yeah, I'm more of the nature/secluded/untouched areas. There are also so natural springs with underwater caves I want to see.

BTW you're good at taking pictures, I would NOT be able to take a nice picture of a small sand flea like that. LOL

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
pretty pictures :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Great pictures! I enjoyed them. Thanks.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! :D

@Meggie: LOL, I guess that the people in the little retirement cities don't litter too much! The beaches were all pretty nice, except Siesta Key was pretty crowded and there was a lot of trash on the beach. Ew. We couldn't go to Venice beach though, cause there was sewage bacteria in the water or something.
Ooooh, underwater caves sound fun!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
OMG SSSOOOOO Jeals! Here I am in frigid North America NorthEast its snowing and my fingers feel dead and the house is not insulated and I miss my blankies... Uff, you pictures made me warm!! They're beautiful Jess!!! Also, eww to the sand flea. Anything 'flea' is yukkies to me. I'm sure its neat to watch though :D

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, thanks so much Amanda! LOL I whine so much about living in MN, Canada must be even colder! :p

Aww, I thought he was pretty cute! They look weird when they walk, it was kinda funny. As cute as he was, though, I wouldn't touch him... We poked him with our toes until he found his way back the the water, where he promptly burried himself in the sand.

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
Great Pics Jess!!

The sand fleas make great fish bait, ...and in some parts of the caribbean, they bread them and fry them up. They taste a little like crab or shrimp, with a nice crunchiness to them. One of my faves, ...and another thing we don't eat much of in the States. hehe

Awesome photos of the birds too.

Bob

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!! :D

Noooo! But they're SOOO cute!! D:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Haha, sounds funny to just poke him with your toes! Americans eat everything! lol eww! Chocolate covered ants and crickets didn't sell too well here on the popular market. I guess its just a niche thing ;)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Haha, sounds funny to just poke him with your toes! Americans eat everything! lol eww! Chocolate covered ants and crickets didn't sell too well here on the popular market. I guess its just a niche thing ;)
They sell all kinds of chocolate and candy coated bugs down to the candy store downtown...so I am sure there are people who buy them...:approve:

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts