Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you dog loves just thought Id let people know there is a !!!! W A R N I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was on Fox news earlier that 70 dogs have died as a result of eating chicken jerky treats made from chicken that has come from China. Kingdom Pets brand from Costco is one of them, also some that wal-mart was selling. Also certain Blue Buffalo brand pet foods have a recall for the same thing. Please re post and make sure all your doggie friends are aware of this!!!! Waggin Tails and Milo's are safe, made in the USA treats for your dogs.

Also for any mommys out there with humain babies there is a recall on a bunch of baby johnson products!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I know, I just saw this! :( Chuey has chicken treats that were made in China, but the brand wasn't one of the recalled ones. He's about 1/2 ways done with the bag, and he hasn't gotten sick... Is it safe to assume they weren't effected?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I just saw this! :( Chuey has chicken treats that were made in China, but the brand wasn't one of the recalled ones. He's about 1/2 ways done with the bag, and he hasn't gotten sick... Is it safe to assume they weren't effected?
if he isnt sick by now i dont think he will be sick for the rest of them. :) i think he should be safe.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
This is why I no longer buy pet treats made in China :(. This happens all the time with the chicken jerky treats. Seriously.

On a side note, IAMS recalled a bunch of their foods but I don't think anyone on here feeds it, thankfully.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
The commercial word is becoming a scary place! I remember I was working in retail during the Mars pet food recall. The major one a couple years back. That kind of mass hysteria is bad for consumers and bad for business. I know the laws of sanitation are different in China and they use harmful plastics and chemicals I don't know why they are even allowed to ship into countries who have banned those very practices!! It makes me so mad! Can't trust anything these days.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
What brands of dog treats are made in the US? All of Chuey's are from China. :/ Ughhh.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Some brands of treats that are made in the U.S. (to my knowledge) are:

Aunt Jeni's
Bravo!
Merrick
Oma's Pride
Plato
Primal
PureBites
Salmon Paws
Stella and Chewy's
Zuke's

I hope that helps :).

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Jess, you should buy the "stella and chewey" treats!! :p
Haha, that's so true!

And for what it's worth it, I've bought them before and the dogs loved them ;).

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
LOL I should!

I don't think I've seen them anywere before though? Isn't that a brand of pre-made raw food?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
LOL I should!

I don't think I've seen them anywere before though? Isn't that a brand of pre-made raw food?
They make treats, too :).

They sell the brand at some of the pet stores around here...Pet Goods and a few smaller ones. It's not a huge company but not tiny either because I've seen their stuff around :). They were at the AKC Meet the Breeds giving out samples, the dogs loved them :D.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thanks for the early warning, my aunt is out of stock for her dogs' treats and recently considering not so well known brand names.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for letting us know! I don't really think twice about the dog treats I buy. But I really only get milkbones for my dogs. I'll be sure to double check what I'm really buying.

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Just a thing about Stella & Chewy's. Buying just the patties and crumbling them makes just as good a treat as Carnivore Crunch. Just saying cause with my two boys, we went through Carnivore Crunch pretty quickly lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts