Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing some help and useful information from the older generation of paw-talk. Since we haven't been able to have children me and my husband have decided to either foster-to-adopt or just foster a child. We need good and helpful links and where we can go to actually start the fostering or adoption process though we are looking mostly in to the foster-to-adopt thing. We are going to be talking to our family probably on mothers day when most of the family is together to get us all on the same page as i know we will need the best support system out there and we can always rely on my family no matter the small issue's we have. Hopefully a person or two has done this before as all the forum's i have found you need to be accepted by the mod and i have signed up for a few but i haven't gotten an email from any of them that i have been accepted. If you can send the info into my inbox or even just to my personal emails would be cool too as i check my emails every couple of hours.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm young, but I think it's important for you to decide what age and what ethnicity you want the child to be, or if that matters at all.
If you adopt, you can adopt from anywhere in the world (I have a friend from france who adopted from russia, and here in Canada people adopt from china a lot because it's actually faster to adopt from another country than from their own) and you can adopt at any age, a small baby or a toddler.
If you foster, I am pretty sure you can even foster teenagers up to 17 years old.
I think once you know if these things concern you, it'll help you look into agencies/ procedures to get what you want.

Good luck with all this! :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) i found a great agency and just went to an information session today with my husband Andrew. Our next step is to do a home study. I am pretty excited for the potential to actually foster to adopt(hopefully)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
good luck ^_^ im sure ull both make wonderful parents.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) I hope we do and that they accept everything and that we can officially become foster parents. I know it will be hard work but i'm completely ready for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts