Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI
wondering if you all could give me some ideas to share with my local spca. We need ideas exspecially winter ideas for in them to riase money to help out the animals. So far they are working twards getting heat so they can have dogs at the kenals in the winter and working on a place for the cats and redoing the kenals to make it safe for the dogs, getting an office and a place for bathing/grooming which I was only one at the meetings that raised my hand to do it lol to bath and groom that is. But also to in the futrue be able to spay a nuetuer them at the spca here. Its only a holding kenal for 5 dogs and in the cold months they cant use it they have to find some one to foster them. And I ushally get the smaller critters when they come in which not to many come in to them directly they more less come stright to me but lisa one of the head people there brought me a bunny they found hopping around on main st till the owner shows up or they find who dumped it off so he is in QT here and in 30 days he will be placed for adoption.
I ran some ideas for warmer months but we need some idea for the colder months. They are doing a comedy night were comedians such as ron white are coming in and such which is fantastic and will raise lots of money but we need other ideas and cant think of any except to bake doggy treats and put so many in shop around town. I was thinking of on a not so cold day having a doggy camp fire. But have it to were there is like 2 or 3 bon fires to keep warm but thier being controled, and rost hot dogs and such, but that is it.
But do any of you have any ideas that we could do that may involve pets and people that would be fun and educational that we could do for winter to help raise some money or even with out the pets to but something to riase money? I know warmer weather is almost here but at lest the next meeting I can run it by them all but call or e-mail the few i have thier numbers and e-mails to and run it by them and we can start plans for some next year. Or even some ideas for warmer weather too would be great.
thanks yall.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
what about a trick for a tree day ,with dogs, like have people sign up charge say 10 dollars for them to show off there pets tricks. and the winner gets a small prize ?

1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean almost like a pet show like animal stars. That could work. And insted of just dogs we could have it if they want to bring other pets that do tricks they could. And we can do this inside and out side as well inside for colder months and outside warmer months. Thanks nibbler I will bring that up to them.

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
**Snow statue competitions. Add an entrance fee and a truck load of extra snow and let people go mad with food coloring and old clothes and stuff.
**downhill racing, attach dogs to sleds and have races.
**A summer themed bbq to boost the ol' winter blues
**video game competition- again with an entrance fee. People bond and form friendships over things like that. Make it a potluck, or silent auction even. Hos it from a volunteer's house to reduce charges on the SPCA

1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey that all sounds great. I will e-mail the ideals over and they will proably prepare it at the next meeting and see what we get.
We were all thinking have a huge pj party were we start early but pay to get in but hold it some were and watch pet movies almost all day but share our own pet storys and have a fee for the party like they have dinners for the sportsmens clubs and all but make a huge pj party and people could bring their pets as long as they behaved.
Thanks I love the racing one kids would love that. and the snow statue competitions that would be cool.
even the video games as I know lots of people play video games. thanks keep them coming if you would and I will let yall know what we use. We have tryed dog shows and pet tricks in the pased but always someones dog got lose or in a fight and some people just didint listen and some others like to complane which makes it hard for us to hold certion events. I told them sometimes we have to retry but be more be strick and if people just cant follow rules they cant come or pertisapate. I know they may need their donations but its better to be a little uptight for the animals and humen safly then anything. and they are but its getting so hard to find safer fund raisers for them to do with out that one person to complain or not listen to mess it up. but hey thanks again yall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.