Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from another forum:

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — The fury over the massacre of dozens of seized dogs and cats in Puerto Rico has gone global.

Thousands of people from Puerto Rico and around the world have signed an online petition calling on the governor of the U.S. Caribbean territory to ensure those who hurled some 80 pets off a highway bridge last week are brought to justice.

Nadia Donato, a 39-year-old New Yorker, said Wednesday an Associated Press story that appeared Friday about the slaughter of the dogs and cats drove her to tears — and to launch the petition drive.

A local activist will deliver the list of names and messages to Gov. Anibal Acevedo Vila's residence in San Juan during a demonstration on Sunday, Donato said.

The petition's Web site lists more than 6,000 signatures. Many who signed are from Puerto Rico, but signatures also appear from such far-flung countries as Finland, Argentina, Malaysia and Australia.
The Associated Press: Fury Spreads in Puerto Rico Pet Massacre

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Fury at Puerto Rico pet killings

- Google News

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
Thanks for the update, I'm still so upset about this, I hope that they bring those people to a swift and sure justice and not just a slap on the wrist

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So.... we woke up today to the news that one of the housing complex had security cameras, which had videos, with name of the complex, time and date and the mayor of barceloneta watching while his employees dragged the pets to the animal control solution vans... I sooo hope that they press charges!

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
I'm still so sick about this, I signed the petition via computer plus left a personal message. I just can't comprehend how someone can do such a thing, I don't know how we make these people

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
kThe pet massacre in P.R. is getting worse and worse, I just can't believe this, Please everyone don't visit P.R. it must just be a horrible place to be.:(:mad2:

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
OMG im just pictureing what is going threw those poor animals minds its so upsetting :mad2: :rant: :stop:

·
Registered
1 Posts
English Bulldog Puppies Available.Puppies are very well behaved.Gets along well with kids and other pets.They are potty trained.CKC registered,current in their vaccinations and vet check .Puppies have the best personality and behavior and would make a GREAT companion in your home.Puppy would be going to their new home with all their accessories,toys,clothing and traveling crate.
Contact directly through my email address for more details and photos at
([email protected])
([email protected])

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts