Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Otherwise know and the African pouched rat or giant Pouched rat. I've been wanting one for a good 6 or 7 years and it's not illegal to own them in the US, but there are no breeders in the us and imports from out of country are illegal. I found that they're invasive in the keys and have wondered if I'd be allowed to take one and keep it as a pet. I've already messaged Florida fish and wildlife asking them if they'd allow me to take a single pouched rat through legal means and depending on their answer I'm going to ask my state/county if I can own one because it's not listed as being okay or not okay.
I was curious on your guys' thoughts, do you think I'll be able to do it? Will both states allow me to legally capture One in the keys and bring it across state lines? Will they take into consideration that I only want a single one or will they make an excuse and say that it could become an invasive species in my state(NC)? If they ever respond to me I'll post with the response was here, but I'm just curious on your guys's thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts