Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a decent forum with a lot of rat lovers that also has a lot of other small animal lovers (my love for animals is pretty...large...considering I run a rescue).

Anywho, about me...Name's Valerie, I run a rescue outside of Kansas City, Missouri. I am fairly young, have a husband and a 6 month old son. My family currently consists of 3 spayed/neutered cats (Stormy, female, Artemis, male, and Phantom, also male), a dog (Tex), and a fluxuating population of small animals, mostly rats and mice.

Currently I have 8 adult rats, 21 baby rats (2 litters, 9 are orphans), 15 adult mice (3 of which may be pregnant), 2 not quite 4 week old syrian hamsters (one golden standard female, one black longhair male), and 3 dwarf hamsters (russian dwarf, black females).

I have been informally doing some rescue work for 5 years now, and have been formally running this rescue group since about May this year. Since then, I have been personally able to save over 50 rats and over 20 mice. Kinda proud of this fact. :)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Welcome to Paw-Talk!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Welcome :) Congrats on your success rescuing. Our small animal rescue here began and is still run out of the founder's home (over 20 bunnies at one point o.o) I find it heroic since many people would never consider keeping so many small animals in their house, let alone as someone else's rejected unwanted pets. Anyway, there are many small animal folks here -hamsters/mice/rats as well as reps and bunnies, cats and dogs :) Tonnes of them ^^

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
welcome to paw-talk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts