Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I'm a bit new to the forum, and am interested to see how many other gerbils owners there are on the site.

I have owned gerbils since the mid 90's and right now I own 2 young pairs. A pair of males names Chevy & Blazer, and a pair of females Mercedes and Lexus. The boy's came from petsmart in Decemeber after the death of my last rescue gerbil Emily. And the girls I brought home from a breeder in Washington a few months back. The girls are sister, while I can't no with the boy's, but they are best buddies and do everything together.

I love gerbils, I ahve learned quite alot about them these few years, and just recently am learning about genetics, which is really interesting. I 'may' plan on breeding one day.

Anyways I though I would post a couple pictures of my furries, and I hope if your reading this, you will introduce yourself, and post about your gerbie family also!

Mercedes (Bermese) & Lexus (CP Grey Agouti)

Chevy (Pied Dove) & Blazer (Mottled Black)

I have pictures of all my pets Here.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hello!

I think you already know me and my gang.. lol..

For those of you that don't I have 8 gerbils, 5 females and 3 males. Their names and colors are:
Martina -> Spotted Slate
Kuzco -> Dove
Deb -> Golden agouti
Flo -> Golden agouti
Porto -> Dove
Phoebe -> Ruby Eyed White
Runty -> Spotted Slate
Link -> Rubey Eyed White

I breed, and my breeders are Martina and Kuzco, who produce REW's, Blacks, Slates, Doves and Lilacs, both spotted/pied/mottled and not.
Also Deb, along with Porto and Link form another breeding group (2m, 1f) They are not proven, but with this mating I hope to get grey agoutis. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see a lot of the same people from pets hub here! Hi padfoot (Spunky_Munky)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought myself the rodent playpen, and I love it!
My two girls are playing in it right now, they seem so much more friendly in there then in their own tank. I thought the pen would have been a big taller though, so this is definetly a supervised toy for sure!
Anyone else have out of tank fun areas for their gerbils?
I let the boys have the run of our living room (gerbil proofed), and the gerbs get to play on my bed too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mine

I have 2 gerbils now. A baby and her daddy. I had my albino one for about 3 years now, then i wanted to mate him so I brought a female, within a month she was pregnant and had 8 babies and died because there was just to many for her to handle. I took them to vets to get help and did what I could and lost all but one. I have saved one. I wish I could have saved more but just didn't work out. I took them everywhere to feed them, they even went to work with me but it didn't help. Now the baby is about 2 months old and I am glad she is arround. We named her lionheart, because she survived the kids think she has a heart of a lion. Which I think is cute too. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the boards.. :bounce:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello. I'm a gerbil owner as off last night. \o/

See?

(click at the right time and you might even see more than just a nibbled loo roll)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts