Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Please I need an advice or suggestions how I could deal with my gerbil's none functional teeth. I noticed the problem with her teeth a 1.5 week ago when she tried to bite cardboard box and could not. I took her to vet for trim. Since she was very little active so I took her to vet just in case again and got antibiotics and some painkillers next. Now that we are finished with antibiotics and had painkillers, I still can't see any improvement with her biting. She has actually lost interest completely. Not sure whether I need to give her bit more time? :confused:
Did you have to deal with such a problem? Is her teeth problem due to previous illness? She looks fine, fur shiny, bit weight loss but putting it back on now. I know it is not due to not having enough things to bite as they have lots of wood and cardboard toys and I bought some new. Then why? Why she doesn't try even after medication, it must have heeled a little by now, if there was inflammation. Could trimming her teeth cause a pain/ damage? Did she forget how to bite? :confused:
Please if anyone knows or has ideas how to deal with my little gerbils problem I will appreciate.

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
she may remember the pain caused from biting. for the time being give her hard foods to keep her teeth trimmed

I really dount she forgot how to bite

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.