Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all, im new here :wavey: i have 2 rats and i love ozzy osbourne, i have a doggy, my other doggy passed away on ozzy osbourne's birthday (dec. 3)

my mom said i might be able to get some african dwarf frogs, i've researched them but i want to know a few things first.

-I have a five gallon hexagon tank, i've heard one frog per gallon (i've heard lots of different things actually)
so is five frogs good?

-i use a sand substrate, it's not that fakey cheap stuff either, would that be okay for the froggies?

-recently my 2 goldfish died, they were extremely ill, i had to hand feed the one because she lost the ability to swim, but the algae eater was in the tank with them while they were sick and he's still alive now (he died for 2 days and came back to life, it kinda freaked me out) will he get the froggies sick? i have a spare fishbowl i could but him in with his algae full rocks and stuff

-should i take all the plants, rocks, shells, substrate out and replace the sand because they have the fishy germs on them, or should i just thoroughly wash it all? (how would i do that?)

-the plants in my tank are spikey, should i replace them with non-spikey plants?

-i have a filter, i dont think it could hurt the frogs but is it necessary to use? should i just get a screen top? there is a light bulb they could jump on, so im kinda iffy on the top of my tank. if my camera would stop being a poopie-head i'd show you some pictures.

the plants, substrate and passed away fishies

the entire tank (not mine, off the pet store website, exactly te same tank)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oopsy, i posted the same picture twice :blush:

here's a pic of my whole tank, dont mind the messiness

lid:

whole tank (don't mind the messy bottom:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am not plaaning on using my light, but if they were to jump on top of the light, they might get stuck or something, so i'll cover it if it will cause danger. i know how to tell clawed from dwarf so i'll be sure to do that, i'll probably end up getting 3, i wouldn't want to cram 5 now that i think about having decorations and stuff, there won't be as much room.

thanks for the help you guys!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll be getting them next week hopefully, i wet to the fish store today (the person i got all my other fish from, except my goldfish) i talked to him about my algae eater, asked him basically all the stuff i asked you, bought some decorations and stuff, i'll be buying a heater next week (wednesday) and i'll hopefully get the frogs on the weekend (he said he'd have some in by then) i used to go to that store every day, so he already knwos everyhting about my tank and stuff so it's easy for him to help.

i'll be feeding frozen brine shrimp, pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, stuff like that :)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies! i'll be getting the heater on wednesday, the froggies on the weekend. i will feed them bloodworms and brine shrimp. i just bought a bunch of new decorations for the tank, so hopefully they'll feel safer than in the boring tank i have now. i might just take out the light bulb and tape the hole over with ducked tape or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.