Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Since I decided to set up my 5 gallon as a betta tank. I was wondering if I could possibly turn the 3 gallon into a ghost shrimp tank? I have since removed one of the plants into my high light planted tank and I would also like some ideas on some low light plants to put in there. Also, would a low flow in tank filter be to strong for them? I have sand substrate, is this ok to use? Also do they need a heater?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Yup, that could work :). I'd also look into cherry shrimp, they're more interesting IMO and really thrive in small species-only set-ups.

Some low light plants that work in nano tanks are the various types of anubias plus java ferns, java moss, flame moss, marimo moss balls, and water sprite (this last one needing the most light but even a basic incandescent will normally do). A low flow filter is fine, sand is fine, a heater is fine but not needed unless your house gets cold.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I never thought of cherry shrimp. My house is about 73 all winter. I really like the Java moss alot I might go with that.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sounds like a very good plan, I'm interested too. Please share some photos of your set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts